why do warning labels say not to induce vomiting if you ingest something potentially poisonous?

576 views
0

why do warning labels say not to induce vomiting if you ingest something potentially poisonous?

In: Biology

If it is corrosive, it will do just as much damage coming up as it would going down. In that case you really need fast medical treatment to get it out with the best results.

Corrosive stuff like cleaning chemicals will burn your esophagus on the way back up. Keep it in the more resilient stomach until something to absorb or neutralize it can be ingested or a tube can be inserted to pump it out.

Turns out vomiting, which is already putting stomach acid(forbidden water) through your throat and mouth, is really NOT good when you have something dangerous mixed in. I have read that a better option is to drink the milk because it cuddles and lines the inside of your stomach, and helps slow down the absorption of the poison.