Is oxygen toxic/poisonous?

2.44K views

I read somewhere that oxygen is, in fact, poisonous, and it “oxidises” your cells, burning you slowly, which is why anti-oxidants are important.

Is there any truth to this?

Thanks!

p.s. not a debate or anything, just want info on the negative/positive effects of oxygen on organic matter and properties of oxygen

p.p.s will this go in chemistry or biology???

In: Chemistry

5 Answers

Anonymous 0 Comments

Oxygen is like love

Too less and we suffocate and die
Too much and we slowly get destroyed from within
Just the right amount to keep us well and good

You are viewing 1 out of 5 answers, click here to view all answers.