What is the atmospheric optical phenomenon known as “glory”?


Does it always happen with vehicles? Like with this [airplane](https://i.ibb.co/qCwCYqc/E-i-AR6y-WQAc-AGy-A.jpg) or this [helicopter](https://i.ibb.co/MN1TVTL/Glory-weather-watch-photo.jpg)

In: Physics

It’s a rainbow. Rainbows occur when the sun is behind your line of vision and there are water dropplets in the direction you are looking. The 360° glory effect requires the lack of terrain, so you need to be flying somehow.