Why is it okay to eat blue cheese, but not other things that are moldy?

4.60K views

Why is it okay to eat blue cheese, but not other things that are moldy?

In: Biology

13 Answers

Anonymous 0 Comments

Most people are pointing out that the mold in blue cheese is a specific known quantity that we know is safe. While the chances of actually getting sick from moldy food is very low assuming you don’t have an allergy, it is still a possible risk. However, most mold makes food taste absolutely awful. So while the chances of eating moldy bread making you sick are small, you wouldn’t want to eat moldy bread anyway because it is absolutely disgusting tasting.

You are viewing 1 out of 13 answers, click here to view all answers.